Provincial Homelessness Grants
HOMELESSNESS COMMUNITY ACTION GRANTS PROGRAM
With funding provided through the Province, SPARC BC launched the Homelessness Community Action Grant program. This program is designed to support local action and knowledge about homelessness and its causes, increase public awareness and respond to gaps in services for people experiencing homelessness.
SPARC BC received $6M in funding from the Province to support this work with more than 53 community-based research grants provided to date.
- Build a deeper understanding of existing and emerging needs at the community level;
- Understand or address specific needs for distinct populations experiencing homelessness;
- Respond to gaps in the current spectrum of services and supports available to those who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless;
- Build capacity at the local level to better understand and respond to existing and emerging needs;
- Support local innovation designed to foster positive outcomes at the individual and community level; and,
- Address other needs or opportunities as identified by the community.
APPLY FOR A HOMELESSNESS COMMUNITY ACTION GRANT
This initiative provides one-time funding for local planning and collaborative initiatives designed to better respond to the needs of those who are homeless or at risk of become homes.
Funding supports community-based action including demonstration projects, partnerships, research and other collaborative efforts.
If your organization would like to be considered for a Homelessness Community Action Grant, please download the Program Overview and Application Form.