Virtual Education, Research and innoVation for Everyone (VERVE)
With the emergence of COVID-19, we have adapted our community development and outreach to include virtual learning program–VERVE (Virtual Education, Research and InnoVation for Everyone).
If you have an idea for a workshop or have skills and knowledge that you would like to share, please do not hesitate to reach out and offer your suggestions. We are currently looking for Knowledge Contributors to help to lead workshops on different topics.
VERVE is a virtual, peer-based learning program using Zoom that supports knowledge sharing among people engaged in social justice, social learning and health equity. VERVE can include work with First Nations communities, as well as community-based agencies and service providers across B.C.
The main goals of VERVE are to:
- Provide free one-hour webinars that focus on emerging social development needs and priorities across B.C. including research, planning and community development for social justice and health equity
- Provide people with lived/living experience as well as researchers, educators and others to identify ways to share their knowledge and to continue to work together to advance social justice, equity and learning.
Want to become a Knowledge Contributor?
If you are interested in becoming a Knowledge Contributor, please send us a one-page summary of your workshop idea. We are making funding available to recognize the time and contribution of each Knowledge Contributor.
Here are some possible workshop ideas:
- Innovative approaches to including diverse voices in community planning
- Facilitating online community engagement sessions
- Pathways for mental health in workplaces
- Community-based participatory action research methods
- Promoting and support social development and social innovation
- Other social justice and health equity related topics
We welcome and encourage applications from diverse Knowledge Contributors.
For more information or to submit your application, please contact: